Typing for Quicktate and iDictate
Thank you for your interest in typing for Quicktate and iDictate!
Who we are
We transcribe voicemail messages, memos, letters and other documents. The voicemail message files average 1-2 minutes in length, while the other recordings are typically longer.
What we require
1. Accurate spelling and punctuation.
2. Typists that know how to follow instructions.
3. Typists that can listen to voice files and accurately type what they hear.
4. Experienced and professional transcriptionists.
5. Typists with their own equipment, supplies, facilities (office/ work space).
6. Honesty, integrity and reliability.
As an Independent Contractor, you can select your own hours that you want to work. You can work as few, or as many hours as you want. We are open for business 24 hours/ day; 7 days/ week.
In order to type for iDictate, you must already have a Quicktate typist account. We will review your Quicktate transcriptions to determine your qualifications to type for iDictate. The more Quicktate messages already typed, the easier it will be for us to evaluate your typing skills.
How to get started to determine if you qualify to receive typing assignments
The following must be done in order.
1. Review and follow all procedures and requirements outlined in our Help Desk.
2. Review and follow all procedures and requirements outlined in the HIPAA Business Associate Agreement.
3. Fill out the form below and tell us a little bit about yourself. This will create a typist account in our system, which will be activated if we decide to offer you typing assignments. Make sure you write down your typist account username and password during signup.
4.When you create your typist account, you are agreeing to abide by our strict confidentiality requirements and code of ethics. You will also be providing us with references. You should use NON-family members as your references.
5. Carefully review all postings to our Help Desk. This should provide you with answers to your questions.
6. Take our Quiz so we can determine if we should offer you assignments (see our Help Desk for details). Answer each question and fill out the form completely. Copy the URL of the voice files into your browser and type them in the space provided. You must use Firefox or Safari browser. Opera may work too.
When you click "I Agree" below, you are also agreeing to the following:
I acknowledge that I am offering my services as an independent contractor to iDictate and/or Quicktate ("Company").
I acknowledge that I decide when, how much, or how little I work, and that I set my own hours.
I acknowledge that I unilaterally decide where to do my typing, whether that is in my office, my home, or anywhere else.
I have invested capital to purchase or rent my office or home office, office facilities, equipment and supplies.
I hire and direct and have the right to hire and direct my own assistants and staff, and I am responsible for paying them. Anyone working for me is not an agent or representative of Company. Further, I am responsible for supervising my assistants.
I am personally responsible for maintaining my own office, computer(s) and other equipment such as, but not limited to speakers, headsets, software, hardware, monitors, foot pedals etc.
I am responsible for my own continuing and recurring liabilities or obligations for my work facilities (rent, mortgage payment, utilities, computer repairs, etc.)
My ability to make a profit, or risk of suffering a loss is based on the relationship between my income and my expenses. I understand that if the customer speaks slowly, necessitating that I spend extra time transcribing, I run the risk of losing money especially if I am paying my assistant(s) by the hour.
I agree to deliver the transcription to Company at the pricing agreed to in advance.
I understand that I have the right to provide my transcription services to other companies or clients at any time.
I acknowledge that I offer my transcription service to the general public and have the necessary business license for my transcription business.
I agree that if and when I accept any assignment from Company, I am responsible and obligated to complete it. Further, I have the skills to accept and complete assignments and do not need to be trained.
Once I accept and complete an assignment, I understand and agree that I do not have the right to be offered, or the obligation to accept future assignments. If company would like to offer me an additional assignment, this may be done by e-mail or Yahoo messenger.
If and when I am offered an assignment, I am free to accept or reject it. If I accept it, I acknowledge that Company cannot tell me how to do the work.
Each file that I am offered is considered one assignment.
I acknowledge that company cannot control or direct the order or sequence that I do my work.
This agreement supersedes and replaces any and all prior agreements between the Parties.